Monday, January 31, 2011

Blanket Drive!




My Dojo has started up a new program called  Karma Kids and my Sensei asked me to help out if I had some spare time... well I saw an episode of Pit Boss on t.v. about a balnket drive for the local animal shelter and immideatly fell in love with the idea! I thought that a blanket drive is so easy to do, and so involving that it would be the PERFECT first Karma Kids activity! We will collecting used/new blankets and bath towels for our friends down at the Clagary Humane Society at our Second Annual New Years Kick Off. So far we have heard back from a ton of Dojo families who have already dug through thier clossets for a donation! Hurray! Did you know that shelter animals who have a blanket/ towel to lay are are more calm and relaxed bacause they can nest? This relaxed behaviour makes the animals more likely to be adopted! Which means more animals find fur-ever homes, and less are euthinized! Every animal deserves a loving home <3 If you have any old blankets or towels lying around your house, the perfect place to donate them to is your local animal shelter!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment