Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh how I LOVE a good book!


I just finished reading the book: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and I am absolutly in love. I think I may have just found my new favourite novel!

This was one of the most refreshing books I have read in a very, very long time! There was so much care and investment into the charachters, the setting and the story it made me absolutly fall in love within the very first chapter. It is very rare you find a book that you enjoy so much that upon finishing it you turn it over and begin reading it all over again. The magic surrounding the era of the depression, the dirty thirties and especially the train circuses is so beautifuly portrayed in this book. The fact that Sara Gruen used real life history and stories as a foundation to this creation is marvelous. The book plays like a wonderful movie as you read it, and I HIGHLY reccomend this book to anyone. I myself will lend this to all my friends, once (of course) I re-read it again myself! If you havent read it already: Buy it, don't borrow it because you will never want to give it back!

This book is being made into a movie thats due to hit theaters in 2011. Robert Pattinson is set to play the main role of Jacob... and quite honestly I cringed when I found out. Personally I don't think he is a good actor at all. His so called "brilliance" is a manifestation brewed from the gagging lust of vampire-loving teenage girls. To be frank, I can't picture anyone other than my friend, Travis Nelson, playing the role of Jacob. Unfortunatly Travis has yet to be cast in a movie where critics have really seen him (he did play the back double of Zac Efron in Charlie St. Cloud!)  Reese Witherspoon on the other hand will do an amazing job of playing Marlena, Jacobs love interest. She has the depth of personality to be able to accomplish and fill a role like this. She will loved in this movie as was Rachael McAdams in The Notebook. Im torn between seeing this movie or skipping out all togehter... Hollywood has a bad reputaiton of turing amazing novels into pathetic movie portrayals with absolutly retched casting. Case's in point: Miley Cyrus playing the lead in The Last Song, Kirsten Stewart as Bella Swan. (A corpse can act better than her!)  I would hate for me to dislike this book at all due to the poor quality of casting in a movie! Of course these are just my peorsonal opionions. Regardless of how you feel about the casting... Go and read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment