Thursday, February 17, 2011

30 Days of Me, Photo Challenge!

I’m sure you must have heard about this challenge on Facebook, it seems to be all the rage right now. My friends are about half way done it and it has inspired me to do my own. I haven’t decided yet if I want to Facebook it or not, but we will see how it goes…
Here is the challenge in case you would like to try it too!
So start off by making a photo album and naming it "The 30 Day Photo Challenge"
It's all about being creative everyone!

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest

Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show

Day 04 - A picture of your night

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory

Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item

Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh

Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most

Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate

Day 12 - A picture of something you love

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist

Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity

Day 19 - A picture and a letter

Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel

Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget

Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change

Day 25 - A picture of your day

Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you

Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member

Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of

Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

Day 31 - A picture of yourself
(read less)


Day One:  A picture of myself with ten facts…



1.      I love when my birthday falls on a Tuesday or Thursday… I always have awesome birthdays, but there is just something about the two ‘T’s of the week that make them even better!

2.      My brother, Andrew, listens to “Puss in Boots” on tape at bed time and I can hear it through the bedroom wall. Due to my amazing ability to learn while snoring, I have successfully memorized the whole story, including musical intros and tones. I doubt this knowledge will ever come in handy, but you never know!

3.      I am a green belt in Goju-Ryu Karate Do. I have studied for almost a year and a half and I love it. I love the exercise, the tradition and I especially love my Dojo Family. I aspire to one day to climb Wudang Mountain in China, to do the splits, and to compete in a Karate tournament… Thank you Jaden Smith for pushing me to be a better martial artist! One day I will be just like you, except for the fact I’m a girl, older and lacking Jackie Chan.

4.      I love all the pets I have ever had the privilege of having… Bert and Big Bird my Budgies. Buddy the Wonder Cat who thought he was a dog. Jenner the most quiet and loving dog you have ever met. Casey the polar opposite, Crazy and Wild. Boomer the young pup who had a heart so big it’s amazing it didn’t explode out of his chest. Cleo the mare with a serious attitude problem who gave me confidence and friendship. Smokey the dog who never slowed down, who was a master escape artist and lover of her family. Bandit who had a great youth and is now happily retired living on the Ikea crib mattress in her own room, so sweet and so loving. Of course I wouldn’t forget Fang, although he technically was Grandad’s dog, that pup followed me from the time I was in diapers until the day he went to the big off leash park in the sky. When he died, I felt like I lost my shadow.

5.      One of my favourite memories is when Andrew was a baby… my dad used to spin a football on the ground by his feet and Andrew would just lose it, laughing like utter nutcase. It still makes me laugh to this day when I think about it.

6.      Some people say that they find joy in the little things in life… I always wondered if they were lying, because I feel that I truly, genuinely enjoy the little things, and my little things are probably things that those other little thing “lovers” have never even though about. For example: during Christmas time, there are a few crane companies in the city that put little decorated trees up on their equipment or trucks, and I absolutely love it. How thoughtful for them to do that! Another one is squeaky shoes on kids. I love hearing kids running through the mall with their fast little “Squeak! Squeak! Squeak!” I love even more when I hear the parents running after them cursing. I also love little toys, like kinder egg toys or the ones in the machines. I love how they make my office/bedroom more fun!

7.      I have always had a crazy, completely unrealistic feeling that I am meant to be famous; even though I wouldn’t want that kind of exposed life. Bizarre right? It makes no sense what so ever, but I always wondered that if the right record producer heard me sing, or an expert art collector saw my artwork, or a publisher read one of my stories they would instantly feel like I was the greatest thing since sliced bread with Justin Bieber jam on it. I feel like a ninja, master of my disguise. I may look like and everyday person but if you knew how crazy amazing I am at everything I’d be bigger than Oprah. Ironically enough the only kind of fame I would enjoy having would be: sports fame… Olympic fame. The kind of fame that Alex Bilodeau acquired when he won the first Gold by a Canadian on Canadian soil. National Pride making fame… that’s a kind of fame that’s worthy of the buzz.

8.      Even though I may not always speak the best English (you can ask my boyfriend, Arek, all about it) I tend to find myself editing books, newspapers and commercials of any kind. The improper use of “an” or lack of the “n” where it is needed in a word followed by a vowel drives me bananas. For example, I have a lunch box that says “Have a Orange Crush on me” and every time I look at it, the little literary gremlin inside my head throws a fit and starts throwing books around, yells gibberish profanities, and pulls out his hair. I’m looking at that lunchbox as we speak and he’s already going ape. My own writing may not be the best but at least it makes proper sense. Which is more than I can say for X92.9 radio, the online Calgary Herald, and George W. Bush.

9.      If I could have any superpower, it would be the power to acquire all super powers. Two birds, one stone! That way I don’t have to choose what one super power I am limited too. Really why pick just one? I figure if I’m going to be a super hero I might as well be SUPER and not mediocre. I would acquire my powers the good ole fashioned way too: being exposed to toxic waste, bit by a spider, born on another planet and shipped to Earth as my alien races last hope etc. etc.  You know the usual. Not, however, like a certain black caped crusader who had to hire a servant to tidy his cave. Being rich doesn’t make you “super”, it makes you a spoiled dork that spends their dead parents Will on toy gadgets as opposed to funding orphanages or saving monkeys in Africa. Having gadgets make you a super hero about as much as me standing on the road makes me a car. I could express my feelings on this subject further; however I am becoming worked up on the topic and feel it would be best to just move on…

10.   I suck at making cookies. All I want to do I make some nice tasty cookies and I cannot, despite every recipe I have tried, manage to accomplish the perfect cookie. Heck, I cannot even manage an “ok” tasting cookie. This week I tried making sugar cookies and they taste absolutely disgusting! In my cookie baking career, I have failed at making: sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate Toblerone cookies, Valentine’s Day cookies. In the midst of my failure, I have discovered that I am really good at icing cookies and decorating them! Maybe if I make them look pretty they will taste better? Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment