Friday, February 18, 2011

Day Two: Picture of the person I have been closest with the longest

There are very few people in your life who you are lucky to have from beginning to end: people you love, people you can’t get enough of, and people you can’t get rid of! I don’t have just one of these friends; I am blessed to have many! How could I pick just one? Below are a few photos of my closest friends, whether I see them a lot or not, I still treasure my friendship with them more than anything!


Hannah Pym: You are my sister from another mister. We have been best buddies since you were 4 and I was 6. Despite how many countries you got posted to, or how many times each of us moved you have always been in my life and for that I am incredibly grateful. You are a part of some of my fondest memories growing up. I wouldn’t trade our experiences together for all the money in the world. You are my beautiful, artistic, creative, loving, funny brilliant best friend and I absolutely adore you to pieces. The way you manage to capture everyday life so beautify in your photos leaves me at a loss for words. You are a master of capturing our world. I have never seen pictures like yours. My life has been blessed because you are in it. I am so grateful to be able to call you my sister and my friend. From the time we were small we were inseparable! Zig and Zag! Two peas in a pod. Dancing to Aqua at Suffield, being “kidnapped” by the biking Taxi man in Berlin, Grooving out in Colchester, dancing to Rocky Horror Picture Show in Dawlish, Elizabeth Taylor… the list goes on! Now you are an amazing mummy, and I am lucky enough to be an auntie to your beautiful girl. You went through so much giving birth and I can honestly say the most beautiful that I have ever seen you in your whole life was the first time I saw you holding Rinoa. It took everything inside me not to cry. I may not see you as much as I would like, but no matter what I am always going to be here for you if you need me. For Christmas one year you gave me a plaque with the saying “Friends are the Sisters that Destiny forgot to give you” Nothing could be truer for us. I love you Bins <3 I’m sorry that I don’t say that to you enough.


David Pym: You are my brother from another mother! Growing up you always made me laugh so hard at your quick jokes and sarcasm. You used to be so shy and only people close to you would get to witness your humor… now you have turned into such a social guy! More people get to experience you as a friend and see how amazing you truly are. The world is a better place if people are lucky enough to call you their friend. I know my life has been better because you have been in it. From Jumping in leaves in Suffield to being a kick ass debate team in high school, you have always made whatever we were doing a good time. I am absolutely blown away by your creativity. How designers, and printers haven’t found you out yet is a shock to me. One day, Davie, someone will come across your creations and it will be life changing. I can’t wait to show off your original works of art from when you were 12 and say “Oh this picture right here? You bet your sweet behind that it is a David Pym original! No you cannot have it! Do you really think I would keep it all this time to just give it to some Willy-Nilly fool?!” I still have your doodles in my book from the Ice Train in Germany, and several sketches you did on random pieces of paper here and there. I treasure them like I treasure our friendship. You are one of my absolute favorite people in this whole world Davie, don’t ever change who you are because you are already amazing. <3




Ashleigh Bailey: Another Suffield Army Brat who turned out to be one of my absolute dearest friends of all time. Who knew such a small town could create such wonderful friendships? I remember playing with our TY pets in your room, playing Zelda and being Spies in the park. Remember when we had to pick dog poo up in my yard? We were absolutely paralyzed laughing! When you left Canada I was devastated. One of my absolutely favorite memories of all time was when we surprised you in Germany. The memory of you opening the door is something I will never forget. The look of shock on your face will be tattooed in my mind forever! When people ask me who my best friends are I still always list you. Even though I have not seen you in ten years our friendship still means the world to me. We seldom talk anymore, a few messages here and there over the internet… but its ok, because I know no matter how long we go without seeing each other we can talk at any time and it would be like we saw each other yesterday. I’m grateful that our friendship has not slipped through the cracks throughout the years. I feel it just goes to show you how deep our friendship is. Seeing pictures of you, the pictures you take, they all just leave me speechless. You are so, so, so beautiful. I hope to see you again soon. It has been much too long since we had an adventure! You are amazing Ash! <3




Kelsey Snel: It must be a Kelsey thing… But I love you to death. Since grade 7 you have always been such an amazing friend. You have always been here for me. I love how simple and easy our friendship is. I know if I ever need you: you are just a phone call away. If the tables are turned it’s the exact same way! Kelsey I have told you every single secret I have ever had. You know who I crushed on, who I hated, who I hurt, who I loved and you never once judged me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Our friendship was created over the silliest things, love for Harry Potter, Traveling Pants and sour keys. Boy, can we down a packet of those fast! You are so amazing, you are absolutely stunning, and your heart is bigger than the oceans you will sail someday. I love hearing about your adventures, and am grateful that you still invest your secrets to me. You are the most honest person I know. You say it straight up and you don’t hide how you feel. I love that. We have shared so much and I love every part of our past. You were one of the very, very few people in my life who stood by me in Grade 9. That year was the absolute worst year of my life. Friends abandoned me like I was trash, seniors and people who were once my friends bullied me constantly, and worst of all was Andrew being in the hospital… the whole year sucked except for a few bright moments. Most of those moments are because of you. Screaming at each other in Miss Kasten’s Drama class, piggybacks in the hallways and trading books were the few highlights of my year. You are my anchor, which ironically enough is what you have tattooed on your wrist. A tattoo I designed! Don’t change who you are, you are wonderful! I love you Lena and I look forward to all the amazing adventures we will have! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment