Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day Seven: A picture of my most treasured item(s)!

Once again I don’t know how anyone could treasure just one item. I had to narrow down my picks to three and believe me, it wasn’t easy. I consider every object I own to be treasured! Why would I have it if I didn’t like it?

Chip the Cat:
I have had Chip since Valentine’s Day 1998. He is my favourite cuddly and I still sleep with him every night. He comes on holiday with me and everything.

My Grandad’s Paint Brushes:
I treasure the brushes and paint box that was once my Grandad’s more than almost anything I own. They are the only things that really make me feel like he is close by. My Grandad was the one who really inspired me to do art. Since the time I could hold a pencil he was showing me different techniques and was always encouraging me to try different mediums. Having his brushes and paint inspires me to get creative.

My ABBA Greatest Hits Vinyl Album (and Record Player)
One of my favourite bands of all time is ABBA. All of their songs are catchy and so easy to sing along to! Their music has been reinvented in movies like Mama Mia and on Broadway and each time someone adds their own twist to the song it only makes the ABBA experience better. I have listened to this record more than any of the other ones in my collection. Listening to a record the way it was MEANT to be listened to gives a whole new perspective on each artists work. You have never heard music until you have heard it played on a record player! There is something about the way the songs fill the room with almost physical personification instead of “noise” is life changing. I think a lot of the experience of music is lost over the computer and music these days is so altered that it’s hard to tell if a band has talent or if it’s just technologically created. You can’t fake talent on Vinyl. Some people like their music crisp… I like mine with scratches and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment